Deepen your knowledge on Singapore's fine dining scene and be equipped with knowledge in fine dining etiquette and discover channels to obtaining information about the industry. The course also provides avenues for guides to take a proactive approach in recommending wines and basics of wine appreciation. Acquire skills in communicating information about the industry and learn the language of fine dining and be able to make reservations at fine dining restaurants for their guests.
Singapore Fine Dining Scene is a 7 hours long modular training program, on completion of which, participants will have the knowledge and application skills in understanding the Singapore Fine Dining and be able to apply them to the workplace. The course aims to deepen tourist guides’ knowledge on Singapore fine dining scene and be introduced to celebrity Chefs and iconic restaurants’ philosophy. Guides will develop knowledge of fine dining etiquette and discover channels in obtaining information about the industry. The course also provides avenues for guides to take a proactive approach in recommending wines.
Guides will acquire skills in communicating information about the industry and learn the language of fine dining and be able to make reservations at fine dining restaurants for their guests. Not only will the guides understand the basics of wine appreciation, they will also be able to apply basic techniques to taste, examine and evaluate wine to match with selected food.
Classroom lecture: Singapore Fine Dining Scene
Classroom lecture: Appreciate and Pair Wine
Off-site visits: Meeting with Chefs
Attendees will be welcomed by internal staff from the restaurant (Chef if possible) to provide an interactive session on:
8:30 am to 4:30pm
24 Apr 2017
15 May 2017
12 Jun 2017
17 Jul 2017
14 Aug 2017
*Dates are subject to change
|Fine Dining||Singaporeans only (with WTS Funding)||Singaporeans (with enhanced subsidy)||Singaporeans/ SPRs (with SSG funding)|
|Programme Fee||SGD 180.00||SGD 180.00||SGD 180.00|
|SSG Funding||SGD 144.00||SGD 144.00||SGD 144.00|
|Net Programme Fee||SGD 36.00||SGD 36.00||SGD 36.00|
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||SGD 20.00||SGD 20.00||SGD 20.00|
|Total Fees Payable||SGD 56.00||SGD 56.00||SGD 56.00|
|GST (7%)||SGD 3.92||SGD 3.92||SGD 3.92|
|Mid Career Enhanced Subsidy||-||SGD 18.00||-|
|WTS Funding||SGD 27.00||-||-|
|Net Fees Payable||SGD 32.92||SGD 41.92||
SSG Programme Fee Funding
Enjoy up to 90% SSG programme fee funding for all Singaporeans and SPRs who are eligible.
Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme – 95% Programme Fee Funding from WTS Scheme
To find out more about the additional funding for Singaporeans, please click here.
What is SkillsFuture?
SkillsFuture is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop their fullest potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points. Through this movement, the skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore's next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society.
Who is it for?
For more information on SkillsFuture Credit, click here.
- White collared shirt (No see-through, sleeveless, revealing, designs or patterns)
- Black Pants (No jeans, leggings, jogging or cargo pants)
- Black covered shoes (No slippers, high heels or sports shoes)
- As per the Academy's grooming policy, hair/head accessories such as caps, hats or any other headgears are not allowed.
1. Please ensure that all documents listed below are duly prepared:
|Copy of Tourist Guide License (front and back)|
|Copy of NRIC (front & back)|
|Company letter (if you are sponsored by company, signature required)|
2. Click here to apply. Please allow approximately 10 minutes for the online application and ensure all documents are duly completed and submitted online. Any incomplete application will not be processed.
3. Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Confirmation of seats is on a first come first serve basis with full payment received via online debit / credit. Alternatively, we accept NETs, local cheque and cash for local applicants; bank drafts and telegraphic transfers for international applicants. The details are as follows:
Beneficiary: At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy Pte Ltd
Bank: DBS Bank Ltd
Bank code: 7171
Branch code: 003
Account no: 003-925247-1
SWIFT code: DBSSSGSG
4. For successful applicants, we will email a Confirmation of Acceptance before the commencement of the programme.
5. Please be advised that full payment of administration fee and programme fee has to be made before class commencement.