At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
• Recall basic food safety requirements for food preparation.
• List and use various types of cooking tools and equipment for the preparation of Chinese hawker fare.
• Identify the preparation methods for different Chinese hawker fare dishes.
• Recall Chinese names of ingredients used for preparing Chinese hawker fare dishes.
• Recognise the quality characteristics and quality indicators of ingredients and cooked dishes.
• Prepare tools, equipment and ingredients in the preparation and presentation of selected Chinese hawker fare dishes based on recipe requirements.
• Reinstate workstation according to required standards.
Following is the list of recipes* covered in this class.
• Seafood Hor Fun (demo & hands-on)
• Bee Hoon with Sliced Fish (demo & hands-on)
• Crispy Noodles (demo & hands-on)
• Hainanese Chicken Rice (demo & hands-on)
• Oyster Omelette (demo & hands-on) • Chicken Claypot Rice (demo & hands-on)
• Stir-Fried Cereal Prawns/Squids (demo & hands-on)
• Hokkien Fried Noodles (demo & hands-on)
• Fried Bean Vermicelli with Crispy Shallots (demo & hands-on)
*The academy reserves the right to change the recipes without prior notice.