If you enjoy cooking for your friends and family, and would like to learn professional chef's cooking techniques, consider becoming a Private Chef from our programme. Upon completion, the participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from At-Sunrice in the Private Chef programme.
As a Private Chef, you have the freedom to design your own menu and cook in different environments. The course is taught by a team of global chefs. In just eight classes, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be a Private Chef. Learn the culinary essentials: from hygiene standards and professional knife-handling techniques, to the understanding of complex spice blends, through to the foundation of soups, stocks and sauces.
Upon completion, the participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from At-Sunrice in the Private Chef programme.
Course Reference No: TGS-2021009206
- Learn the basic skills and techniques of different cooking methods of Eastern & Western cuisines.
- Gain the confidence to be cross-trained to cook different cuisines in the comforts of your home.
- Be a private chef in your own home or to start your own personal chef business.
8 Alternate Sundays
22 May - 11 Sep 2022
|8.30am - 1.30pm|
5 Jun - 25 Sep 2022
|8.30am - 1.30pm|
8 Consecutive Weekdays
13 - 22 June 2022
|8.30am - 1.30pm|
4 - 14 July 2022
|8.30am - 1.30pm|
Sanitation, Basic Knife Skills and Table Set-up
Menu: Nicoise Salad, Avocado-Shrimp Timbale
Demo & Hands-On: Nicoise Salad, Avocado-Shrimp Timbale, Basic Table setting
Basic Stocks, Soups and Sauces
Fundamentals of Western Cuisine
Menu: Vol-au-Vent, Brown Chicken Stock, Roux Type and Brown Chicken Jus with Garlic, Parmentier Soup
Demo: Brown Chicken Jus with Garlic
Hands-On: Vol-au-Vent, Brown Chicken Stock, Roux Type, Parmentier Soup
Basic French Cuisine
French Culture and Cuisine
Menu: Seared Scallops Served with Fondant Potatoes, Braised Beef Bourguignon, Classic Roast Chicken, Pan-Fried Foie Gras with Cranberry Chutney and Toast
Demo: Braised Beef Bourguignon, Pan-Fried Foie Gras with Cranberry Chutney and Toast
Hands-On: Seared Scallops Served with Fondant Potatoes, Classic Roast Chicken, Pan-Fried Foie Gras with Cranberry Chutney and Toast
The Uniqueness of Singapore Cuisine: How to make Spice Paste, Benefits of Herbs and Spices
Menu: Laksa, Chilli Crab, Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce, Curry Puff
Demo: Laksa, Chilli Crab, Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce, Curry Puff
Hands On: Laksa, Chilli Crab, Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
Mastering Thai Recipes
Menu: Tom Yum Goong, Phad Thai, Green Chicken Curry, Green Papaya Salad, Sticky Rice with Mango and Coconut Cream
Demo: Green Papaya Salad, Sticky Rice with Mango and Coconut Cream
Hands On: Tom Yum Goong, Phad Thai, Green Chicken Curry
Mastering Chinese Recipes
Menu: Pan-Fried Dumpling Beijing Style, Cantonese Steamed Fish, Kung Po Chicken, Seafood Fried Rice, Chilled Sago Pudding
Demo: Pan-Fried Dumpling Beijing Style, Chilled Sago Pudding
Hands On: Cantonese Steamed Fish, Kung Po Chicken and Seafood Fried Rice
Techniques of Healthy Cooking and Nutrition
Principles of Nutrition
Menu: Insalata Caprese (Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad, Minestrone, Trio-Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sauce
Hands-On: Insalata Caprese (Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad, Minestrone, Trio-Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sauce
Pastry & Bakery Production
Menu: Bourdaloue Tart, Chocolate Mi-Cuit, Pate Brisse, Classic Millefeuille with Raspberries, Mini Financiers
Demo: Pate Brisse, Classic Millefeuille with Raspberries
Hands On: Bourdaloue Tart, Chocolate Mi-Cuit, Mini Financiers
(with effect from 1 January 2022)
Singaporeans/SPRs/ LTVP+ Holders
|Singaporeans/SPRs/LTVP + Holders
(Self-sponsored ≥21 years old)
|Programme Fee||SGD 2,530.00||SGD 2,530.00||SGD 2,530.00||SGD 2,530.00|
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||SGD 20.00||SGD 20.00||SGD 20.00||SGD 20.00|
|Total Fees Payable||SGD 2,550.00||SGD 2,550.00||SGD 2,550.00||SGD 2,550.00|
|GST (7%)||SGD 178.50||SGD 178.50||SGD 178.50||SGD 178.50|
|SSG Funding*||SGD (1,771.00)||SGD (1,771.00)||SGD (1,265.00)||-|
|Net Fees Payable||SGD 957.50||SGD 957.50||SGD 1,463.50||SGD 2,728.50
- Prices are subject to change.
- Funding validity period is up to 6 October 2023.
- This is a SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) eligible programme. (for self-sponsored only).
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) funding support took effect from 1 Oct 2021, LTVP+ holders can be identified with their green visit pass cards, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.
* Application through TPGateway/Enterprise Portal for Jobs & Skills.
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding - up to 50% programme fee
- For all eligible Singaporeans, SPRs and Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) holders
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) Funding – up to 70% Programme Fee
For eligible Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
Visit skillsfuture.gov.sg ( https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/enhancedsubsidy ) for more information.
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs – up to 70% programme fee
For SMEs that meet all of the following criteria:
1. Registered or incorporated in Singapore
2. At least 30% local shareholding by Singaporeans or SPRs
3. Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than SGD100 million
4. Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
5. Trainees must be Singaporeans or SPRs
Visit ssg.gov.sg ( https://www.ssg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/training/enhanced-training-support-for-smes.html ) for more information.
- Enrolment is a subject to availability and incomplete applications will not be processed
- The programme is conducted in English and proficiency in the language is a requirement
- Programme contents and all prices are subject to change
- Minimum attendance of 75% and above
- Required Attire:
- Black collared shirt (No see-through, sleeveless, revealing, designs or patterns)
- Black Pants (No jeans, leggings, jogging or cargo pants)
- Black covered shoes (No slippers, high heels or sports shoes)
- As per the Academy's grooming policy, hair/ head accessories such as caps, hats or any other headgears are not allowed
- Female students with religious obligations may be allowed to don a black head cloth neatly tucked in (if applicable) with black collared shirt
- Failure to comply with grooming standards will result in non-participation
- Trainee who chooses to drop out prior to successful completion will be requested to pay the programme fees in full and will not be entitled to any SOAs or certificates
- All participants have to be fully vaccinated to join this programme.
- Food items from all Practical classes shall be consumed in the Academy, either during lunch or dinner time
- For food safety purposes, food items are not allowed to be taken home for consumption
1. Please ensure that all documents listed below are duly prepared:
|International Applicant||Singaporean/SPR Applicant|
|Copy of Passport and Work Pass (front and back)||-|
|Company letter (if you are sponsored by company, signature required)||Company letter (if you are sponsored by company, signature required)|
2. Click here to apply. Please allow approximately 10 minutes for the online application and ensure all documents are duly completed and submitted online. Any incomplete application will not be processed.
3. Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Confirmation of seats is on a first come first serve basis with full payment received via online payment. Alternatively, we accept NETs, local cheque for local applicants; bank drafts and telegraphic transfers for international applicants, the details are as follows:
Beneficiary: At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy Pte Ltd
Bank: United Overseas Bank Limited
Branch: South Bridge Road
Bank code: 7375
Branch Code: 343
Account No: 934-342-2489
SWIFT Code: UOVBSGSG
4. For successful applicants, we will email a Confirmation of Acceptance before the commencement of the programme.
5. Please be advised that full payment of administration fee and programme fee has to be made before class commencement.
6. Training Quality and Outcomes Measurement Survey (TRAQOM) by SkillsFuture Singapore
SSG will conduct the two post-course evaluation surveys in the following manner:
- The Quality Survey will be conducted after the course end date through an electronic survey. The survey will be emailed to the trainee through SSG’s central survey system.
- The Outcomes Survey will be administered once a year through a contracted vendor. The survey will be sent to shortlisted trainees who have completed their full qualification course(s) or CU(s).
- Trainee is to provide your personal email and phone number for SSG to conduct the surveys.
- All corporate companies registering their staff for training are to avoid using centralized corporate email and have to use their staff email and phone number for SSG to conduct the surveys.