At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
• Follow food safety requirements for food preparation.
• Understand the types and uses of cooking tools and equipment used for preparing Agemono.
• Understand and familiarise with the types, characteristics, Japanese names, functions, and quality indicators of ingredients used for preparing Agemono.
• Understand the importance of controlling cooking time and temperature at various stages of cooking and the indicators of doneness.
• Prepare various types of dipping sauces and garnishes.
• Understand the quality characteristics of Agemono
• Understand the common faults in Agemono and how to prevent them.
• Prepare Agemono.
• Reinstate workstation according to required standards.
Following is the list of recipes* covered in this class.
• Ichiban dashi
• Aji kara-age
• Tori tatsuta-age
*The academy reserves the right to change the recipes without prior notice.