At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
• Recall basic food safety requirements for food preparation.
• List and use different types of cooking tools and equipment for sushi preparation.
• Recall Japanese names for ingredients, rice, fillings, and toppings.
• Recall different types of sushi.
• Recognise the quality characteristics and common faults of sushi ingredients.
• Prepare tools, equipment, and ingredients to produce sushi rice. filling and topping products according to recipe requirements.
• Reinstate workstation according to required standards.
Following is the list of recipes* covered in this class.
• Ichiban Dashi
• Shiro Gohan
• Atsu-Yaki Tamago
*The academy reserves the right to change the recipes without prior notice.